Calasiao cop claims 92% of villages drug-free

May 29, 2017 at 10:18 am Leave a comment


By Mortz C. Ortigoza
CALASIAO – The chief of police here claimed that 92% of villages of this town is still free of narcotics despite the suspension of Oplan Tokhang or Oplan Plea by authority for drug users to surrender.
Police Superintendent Charlie Umayam said the status was the same as before the suspension of Tokhang in January this year.
 He said three barangays are still being cleared and that alleged drug pushers from there have not surrendered.
Oplan Tokhang is a concocted Visayan word which means Tok-tok and Hangyo where police personnel knock on the doors of a suspected drug user or pusher, asking him or her to surrender to the police, after which his or her activities will be monitored.
The program that saw thousands of illegal drug peddlers and users killed, was suspended on January 30, 2017 after anti-drug police officers were accused of kidnapping and killing a South Korean businessman Jee Ick Joo in October 2016 and even extorted monies to the family of the victim who did not know that Joo was already dead.
But Philippine National Police’s Chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa revived it last March 6 with another monicker as Tokhang Bravo or Oplan Double Barrel Reloaded.
“This time we will make sure it will be less bloody if not bloodless,” Dela Rosa vowed, promising that “Tokhang Part 2 Revisited” would target high-value drug suspects after proper “revalidation.”

Umayam said that Tokhang Part Two has new feature where a member of the religious sector who came from any denomination is brought by the police in meeting the drug suspect at his residence.
“Ang Tokhang Two naka-focus kami sa drug personality lang. Inaalam namin ang status ng drug personality kung sila ay nagbago na o bumalik sa dating nilang bisyo,” the chief of police, a member of the Philippine National Academy’s Class of 2000, explained in the vernacular.
Photo Caption
BONANZA. Members of the SM Foundation, Harbest Agribusiness Corporation, and some members
 of the 100 trainee-farmers show their vegetables and fruit harvest before the members of the
 media who attended recently the Harvest Festival of the Rural Farmers Training Program at
Barangay Mangin, Dagupan City inked between Dagupan City Mayor Belen Fernandez and the SM Foundation. Photo: Mortz C. Ortigoza
Advertisements

Entry filed under: News.

BoC, DoF release rules to lock-up without bail smugglers ORTIGOZA: Cops to arrested pusher: You post bail then sell our drugs

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Welcome to Northern Watch Online.You are visitor no.

  • 664,829 since Feb. 10, 2009

Events Watch

sugod agri-expo Photobucket

Last Week’s Cartoon

Photobucket

Day Watch

May 2017
S M T W T F S
« Apr   Jun »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  
Regional blogs & blog posts
Regional blogs
Media blogs
Opinion blogs
Community blogs

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,352 other followers


%d bloggers like this: