No such thing as ‘faulty electrical wiring’ – fire official
By Virgilio Sar. Maganes
DAGUPAN CITY- Fire Marshall Romeo Tungpalan of this city said there was no such thing as “faulty electrical wiring” as cause of fire in residential, business and industrial establishments.
He clarified this during a press conference held at the K17 Studio, CSI Stadia here where he also informed media practitioners the lined up activities of his office during the observance of ” Fire Prevention Month” this March.
” The faulty electrical wiring should instead be called ‘overloading’ of electrical usage since during electrical installations these are properly checked by electrical engineers. Overloading as a source of fire is when many appliances are used and the electrical wires could no longer handle the load,”he said.
Tungpalan also said the city’s fire department lacks fire trucks as they only have two serviceable trucks to be used in their fire fighting activities.
” We are working for the purchase of additional fire trucks. We have enough personnel. However, in case of fire, we tapped the services of private organizations that have fire trucks like the CSI, Panda Fire Fighting Group and others. They have their own fire trucks to help in firefighting activities,” he said.
Tungpalan said he was encouraging big businesses in the city to buy their fire trucks because they could afford to do so and will be parts of force multipliers during the outbreak of fire in the city.
He further said that his office will be conducting fire drills in schools as well as in business establishments during the Fire Prevention Month.
He also urged the city residents to be aware of the safety in their homes like checking electrical wires, gas leaks on their gas stoves, etc. and take measures to avert the possible outbreak of fire.
Entry filed under: News.