Candelario: We will continue to serve and protect the people
February 6, 2017 at 3:12 pm
By Virgilio Sar. Maganes
DAGUPAN CITY- Despite the recent announcement of President Rodrigo Duterte to suspend “Operation Tokhang” and remove the campaign against illegal drugs from the Philippine National Police (PNP), a top ranking police officer of Pangasinan said they will continue to support the war against illegal drugs and to “serve and protect” the people.
KBP FORUM. Police Superintendent Jackie C. Candelario, deputy provincial police director (2nd from right) explains to reporters the role of Philippine National Police (PNP) on the war of illegal drugs after President Rodrigo Duterte has suspended “Operation Tokhang” during the KBP Forum-Pangasinan Chapter held at Sonshine Radio, Dagupan City last February 2. Candelario says the records of “Operation Tokhang” will be turned over to the Philippine Drugs Enforcement Agency (PDEA), which will be the lead agency to continue the war on illegal drugs. With him are (left to right) Bernie Erasquin of DZMQ-Radio ng Bayan, Benjamin C. Triguero of Dagupan City Water District, Maria Margarita Navata of Dagupan City Water District, Atty. Dante Bonoan, Provincial Director of National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and Jay Mendoza, Station Manager of Sonshine Radio. VIRGIL MAGANES
Police Superintendent Jackie C. Candelario, deputy police director of Pangasinan Provincial Police Office (PPPO) said this before media men during the KBP Forum-Pangasinan Chapter held at Sonshine Radio here last February 2.
Candelario said the operations against illegal drugs will be reverted back to the Philippine Drugs Enforcement Agency (PDEA) but the police force will continue to coordinate with the said agency.
“We have to turn over all documents related to OPlan Double Barrel (Operation Tokhang and Operation High Value Target (HVT)) for the continuity of tracking down illegal drugs activities. PDEA has been the lead agency during the past administrations and the war against illegal drugs was transferred to PNP during Duterte’s administration,” Candelario said.
He also said the ranks of PNP personnel were somewhat demoralized due to the uncovering of the “Tokhang for Ransom” incident involving a Korean businessman Jee Ich-Joo who was allegedly abducted from Angeles City and killed at Camp Crame, Quezon City.
“We are sad about that incident that involved high ranking officers of PNP. It may be hurtful to admit that there are really scalawags and “bad eggs” in our organization and it is now the time to clean the PNP,” Candelario said.
He further said despite the suspension of “Tokhang”, PPPO was able to declare 78% drug cleared of the 1,350 barangays (villages) in Pangasinan.
” That figure would be validated by PDEA,” he said.
Meanwhile, Candelario, who is also assigned as OIC-Chief of Police in Urdaneta City, said the police officers involved in the robbery of the 41 firearms in the police armory in said city are now under preventive suspension.
” So far, we have already recovered 19 of the missing firearms. The 15 police officers who were part of said robbery including the chief of police are now under investigation. If found guilty, they will be facing summary dismissal from the service,” Candelario said.
Entry filed under: News.