Baraan calls  Colangco’s statements ‘nonsense’

September 26, 2016 at 1:42 am Leave a comment


By Virgilio Sar. Maganes
DAGUPAN CITY- Nonsense!
This was the reaction of  former Justice Undersecretary Francisco “Toti” Baraan III  to the statement of convicted robbery syndicate leader Herbert Colanggo implicating him to payoffs from drug lords inside the New Bilibid Prison during the hearing at the Committee on Justice at the House of Representatives last September 20.
Baraan vehemently denied his participation on illegal drug trade at the NBP.
In the said hearing, Colanggo said Baraan was receiving money from drug lords for their transfer from “medium security” to the “maximum security” at the NBP.
 In a text message sent by Baraan to Bombo Radyo Dagupan, he said he has no hand on the transfer of drug lords from the medium security to the maximum security as this has to be decided by the Director of Bureau of Corrections (BuCor).
He said the director of BuCor was the one deciding on that aspect and does not even need requesting approval from the Office of the Secretary of DOJ.
“The transfer of prisoners within the Bilibid Compound, e.g. from the maximum security to the maximum security, is decided exclusively by the Bureau Director. I did not have that authority to cause or order any such transfer. In instances like this, the Bucor Director would decide alone, and would not formally seek the approval of the Office of the Secretary, ” Baraan said in the text message.

He further said  Director Dy-Po of the Technical Staff of the DOJ can clarify the matter and any Bucor Director can also attest it.
“We did not even know who were transferred and where, when, why were the transfers made. Colanggo’s claim is a complete nonsense. I challenge him to produce any document that shows I approved any transfer of inmate/s within the Bilibid Compound. I do not personally know any employee in the Technical Staff whose name is Susan. I inquired from Director Dy-Po and she informed me that two employees in her office carry that name. What I am certain of is that I do not have- with either of them- that kind dealing that Colangco generally described in his outlandish claim. What he claimed is a totally impossibility insofar as I am concerned,” he said.
Recall that Baraan has already denied his participation in the so-called “drug matrix link” at the NBP after it was announced by President Rodrigo “Digong” Duterte last August 25.
Aside from him, named also in the matrix were former Justice Secretary,now Senator, Leila De Lima, De Lima’s driver Ronnie Palisoc Dayan, former Provincial Administrator Rafael Baraan, former General Franklin Bucayu, 2nd District Board Member Raul P. Sison and former governor, now 5th District Rep. Amado T. Espino Jr.
Advertisements

Entry filed under: News.

Celeste supports Duterte’s war against illegal drugs EDITORIAL:  Karangalan o kahihiyan ng mga Pangasinenses?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Welcome to Northern Watch Online.You are visitor no.

  • 671,891 since Feb. 10, 2009

Events Watch

sugod agri-expo Photobucket

Last Week’s Cartoon

Photobucket

Day Watch

September 2016
S M T W T F S
« Aug   Oct »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  
Regional blogs & blog posts
Regional blogs
Media blogs
Opinion blogs
Community blogs

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,356 other followers


%d bloggers like this: