Mayor Bobom to file libel against newsman, Manila Times

August 14, 2016 at 10:17 pm Leave a comment


by Virgilio Sar. Maganes
URDANETA CITY- City Mayor Amadeo Gregorio “Bobom” Perez IV, in this city, is set to file a libel case against newsman Jaime Aquino and Manila Time for publishing an “unverified and malicious news item that destroys his honor and dignity”.
Perez was reacting to a news article written by one Jaime Aquino that was published in the Manila Times online (www.manilatimes.com) on August 8, ” Pangasinan mayor orders Muslims out of Urdaneta”.
In said article, Aquino wrote that Mayor Perez ” has ordered the clearing of the city of all Muslim residents, giving them three weeks to leave Urdaneta in the wake of intensified campaign against illegal drugs.”
The order, Aquino wrote, was announced by Mayor Perez “during the flag-raising ceremony, and instructed barangay (village) officials and the police to enforce the order.”
Aquino further wrote that ” Supt. Marcelino Desamito, city police chief, was also ordered to monitor all hotels and restaurants here after reports said these establishments were being used in illegal drug activities.”
Aquino also alleged that Mayor Perez “has requested the Sangguniang Panlungsod to enact an urgent ordinance stopping the entry of Muslims, either to rent a house or stay in hotels or inns in the city.”
However, all those allegations written by Aquino were denied by Mayor Perez saying that he was not personally interviewed by him, not giving orders on a flag-raising ceremony and he did not order the “clearing of all Muslim residents” in the city.

In his press release on August 9, Mayor Perez denounced the action of Aquino stating that his news article was erroneous and misleading.
“I was never interviewed  by Mr. Jaime Aquino on the said issue. During our flag ceremony last Monday, there was never any mention of the alleged ban against all Muslims in Urdaneta, nor a request to the Sangguniang Panlungsod to pass an ordinance ” stopping the entry of Muslims, either to rent a house or stay in hotels or inns in the city,” Mayor Bobom stated in his press release.
He further said that PDEA Director General Isidro Lapeña, City Schools Division Superintendent Gloria Torres and Comelec City Elections Officer Miguel Bautista ” have also denied being interviewed by Mr. Aquino.”
He said there will never be any ban of Muslims in the city.
“All peace-loving and law-abiding  people are welcome to live, study, do business in the city,” Mayor Bobom said.
Advertisements

Entry filed under: News.

Perez-Galicia wins anew as PCL-Pangasinan prexy LADY CHESS CHAMP

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Welcome to Northern Watch Online.You are visitor no.

  • 624,036 since Feb. 10, 2009

Events Watch

sugod agri-expo Photobucket

Last Week’s Cartoon

Photobucket

Day Watch

August 2016
S M T W T F S
« Jul   Sep »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  
Regional blogs & blog posts
Regional blogs
Media blogs
Opinion blogs
Community blogs

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,339 other followers


%d bloggers like this: