Archive for July 1, 2016

Perez attends Duterte’s victory party


By Mortz C. Ortigoza
URDANETA CITY – The mayor of this burgeoning city said he was the only local chief executive in Luzon who attended the victory party of President-Elect Rodrigo Duterte.
“I, some department heads, and members of the Sangguniang (Panlungsod) went  to Davao City last June 4,” said Mayor Amadeo “Bobom” G.E. Perez IV.Mayor Bobom Duterte (1)FELLOW MAYOR. Outgoing Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte (left) exchanges pleasantries with unopposed and reelected Urdaneta City Mayor Bobom Perez in a bar at the wee hours after the latter attended the Victory Party in Davao City last June 4 of Duterte as the new Philippines president.

He said he became a guest through the intercession of the native of this city former police General Isidro Lapena who is Duterte’s incoming Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) chief.
“We came from the same village sa Barangay San Vicente,” Perez quipped.
He said Urdanetans should be proud for the appointment of Lapena because PDEA will be in the forefront of Duterte’s war on the growing menace of drug peddling.
Lapena had been assigned as a police officer for long years in Mindanao and Davao City, married a native there, and resided for good in the southern city.
Perez said he did not meet Duterte at the Crocodile Park, the venue of the Party, but Lapena brought him to a bar, a nocturnal watering hole of Duterte, at one o’clock in the morning of June 5 to meet the mayor there.
“It was a bar which Japanese tourists and businessmen frequent,” he said.
He said he met two Pangasinenses in that club – incoming National Security Adviser’s chief Hermogenes Esperon and former President Gloria Arroyo’s lawyer Raul Lambino.
He said Duterte knew him before because this city and Davao City inked a sisterhood agreement in one of the presidential sorties of the president – elect here early this year.
Perez, a friend of outgoing president Benigno Aquino III, had been reported to motor several times to Baguio City from here to visit the president at the government vacation Mansion House.

(more…)

Advertisements

July 1, 2016 at 7:19 pm Leave a comment

  Mangaldan police can – do war against drugs


By Mortz C. Ortigoza
MANGALDAN – Under the gung-ho leadership of the police here, the fight against illegal drugs continues several days before anti- drugs advocate President-Elect Rodrigo Duterte assumes office.
“For criminals to triumph it takes policemen to do nothing,” Superintendent Benjamin Ariola rephrased   Edmund Burke adage’s “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
In a statement, Ariola, an alumnus of the Philippine National Police Academy’s Class of 2000, cited the series of arrests and subsequent filing of cases against 38 suspected drug users and peddlers from January 9 to present in  separate operations and confiscation of drug paraphernalia here in violation of Republic Act 9165 or Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
There were about 76.638 kilos shabu (metamphetamine hydrochloride) seized from 30 persons that the police arrested and sued, Ariola’s data showed.
A drug pusher in the Philippines in spite of the volume of its merchandise could be arrested and detained without bail.
When Ariola was the chief of the Provincial Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operation Task Group (PAIDSOTG), he said the vigorous if not violent disruptions by chiefs of police in cities and towns resulted in pushers scampering to other towns in Pangasinan.
He said during the tactical interrogations by his men, the apprehended drug peddlers claimed the Muslims are their  illicit trade’s source.
“Kasi lahat ng sources ay tinuturo, iyang tactical interrogation pag huli ng subject, saan galing ang item? Sa Muslim. Muslim ang tinuturo,” he said.

(more…)

July 1, 2016 at 7:16 pm Leave a comment

EDITORIAL: Pakitang gilas, o may pinagtatakpan?


Ayon sa ulat ng mga diyario, telebisyon at radyo, nakapatay na ang kapulisan ng mahigit ng 80 sa mga pinaghihinalaang tulak sa droga, at mahigit na 2,000 ang nahuli na gumagamit sa mga ito. Ayon sa ulat ito ay nagsimula noong Mayo 10, isang araw pagkalipas ng halalan, hanggang Hunyo 20.northernwatch 6-26
 Maraming tao ang nagtataka sa ganitong operasyon ng mga elemento ng Philippine National Police (PNP) dahil bakit ngayon lang sila kumikilos. Maraming nagtatanong na kung bakit kaya naman daw nila na sugpuin ang operasyon ng malawakang paglipana ng ilegal na droga sa bansa ay hindi nila ginawa sa ilalim ng Administrasyong Aquino..
 Ito ba ay dahil sa ang uupong bagong pangulo na si Rodrigo “Digong” Duterte ay hayagang nagpahayag na lilipulin niya ang mga ” drug lords” at “drug pushers” sa buong bansa? Nagpapakitang gilas ba ang mga kapulisan o sadyang ginagawa ito dahil gusto nilang patahimikin ang mga sangkot sa ilegal na droga na baka ang mga ito ay kumanta at ituro kung sino sa mga kasapi sa kapulisan ang nagproprotekta sa mga ito?
 Hindi lingid sa kaalaman ng publiko na mayroon sa hanay ng ating kapulisan ang sangkot sa ilegal na droga. Si Pangulong Duterte mismo ang nagpahayag na may tatlong Heneral ng PNP ang sangkot sa ilegal na droga at ang mga ito ay kanyang pinagbibitiw sa kanilang tungkulin bago pa man siya ay manumpa bilang pangulo.

(more…)

July 1, 2016 at 7:14 pm Leave a comment

MAGANES:   Espino and the illegal black sand mining in Lingayen


 vir
In my radio program ” Virgil Maganes sa DWPR” aired daily from 8:00-9:00 in the morning, a lot of texters asked me about the development on the issue of illegal black sand mining in Lingayen against outgoing Governor Amado T. Espino Jr., former Provincial Administrator Rafael Howard Baraan, former Housing Chief Alvin Bigay and the owners of Alexandria Mining and Oil Ventures, Inc. and Xypher Builders, Inc.
The said issue was discussed lengthily during the election campaign over air lanes and local newspapers, which was parried off by the camp of Espino as a political propaganda. Espino’s lapdogs denied the existence of the charges claiming that it was an issue during the 2013 elections and allegedly revived by the camp of then gubernatorial candidate Mark O. Cojuangco to discredit the camp of Espino.
 The illegal black sand mining is an environmental issue. It was not a political in nature although it has to be discussed for Pangasinenses’ information. I will not dwell on how the issue that started way back in 2011. It’s more than five years hence and many development on it have been in the open-filing of complaints against Espino, et. al. by the residents of the villages of Capandanan, Malimpuec, Sabangan and Estanza, finding of a probable cause by the Office of the Ombudsman, dismissal from government service of Baraan and Binay and the confiscation of the 9,983 cubic meters black sand or magnetite including the equipment used by the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
Last March 14, the Office of the Ombudsman finally filed the charges against Espino, et. al. at the Sandiganbayan. The charges were contained in two information sheets docketed as SB-16-CRM-0118 and SB-16-CRM-0119 for violation of Section 3(e) of Republic Act No. 3019 or Anti Graft and Corrupt Practices Act. At the Sandiganbayan, the cases were raffled as to what division these will be heard. A newly organized 6th Division of the Sandiganbayan was assigned to handle the said cases.
Facing two counts of violation of Section 3(e) of Republic Act No. 3019 (Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act) are Governor Amado Espino, Provincial Administrator Rafael Baraan, along with Cynthia Camara and Lolita Bolayog of Alexandra Mining and Oil Ventures, Inc ( Alexandra Mining).
Facing one count of violation of Section 3(e) of R.A. No. 3019 are Pangasinan Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Officer Alvin Bigay, Alexandra Mining Directors Cesar Detera, Edwin Alcazar, Denise Ann Sia Kho Po, Annlyn Detera, Glenn Subia and Emiliano Buenavista  and Michael Ramirez, Gina Alcazar and Avery Pujol of Xypher Builders, Inc.

(more…)

July 1, 2016 at 7:11 pm Leave a comment

Child Development Center opens in Villasis


By Virgilio Sar. Maganes
VILLASIS- A National Child Development Center was opened last June 16 in this agricultural town to cater to the  education needs of children whose ages range from 0 to 4.4.
Costing P2.3 million and located at Barangay Zone I, Poblacion, the Center’s construction started on August 3, 2015 and was completed on November 10, 2015.
In turning over the Center to Marissa Villedo, a child development teacher, Mayor Libradita Go-Abrenica said the building was a show of commitment of her administration in providing  quality and early education of children of the town.
 “We are fortunate to have this Center where our children could start their learning activities. Early education today is very important particularly because we have to catch up with the fast and emerging technologies. Let’s start our children’s education at early ages for them to learn good values,” Abrenica said.
Villedo thanked Mayor Abrenica, the municipal officials and the Early Childhood Center for Development (ECCD) for the construction of the Center, which she said will be a conducive learning venue for children.
” I will give my best to teach the children as expected from me. Thank you Mayor Abrenica for the trust and opportunity you have given me to be a part of the town’s educational program for children,” Villedo said.
It will be recalled that Villedo completed her training on Early Childhood Teacher Education Program (ECTEP) on January 15-February 27, 2016 at the Mariano Marcos State University in Laoag City, which was sponsored by ECCD.
Gracing the opening of the Center are: Liga ng Barangay Federation President Romeo S. Abrenica, Councilor and Chair on Social Services Judith M. Morden, Councilor Nicholai Jan Louie Q. Sison, Municipal Social Welfare and Development Officer Lilibeth M. Abrenica and Arch. Mary Kristine A. Segovia, representing  Executive Director Teresita G. Inciong.

(more…)

July 1, 2016 at 7:07 pm Leave a comment

10-bed hospital to rise in Sual


By Virgilio Sar. Maganes
SUAL– Mayor Ramon “Bing” Arcinue and Department of Health’s Regional Director Myrna Cabotaje led the groundbreaking ceremony for a ten-bed capacity hospital at Caoayan village here last June 15.
The facility, which is funded by DOH in the amount of P10 million, caters to the primary health care of the village.
Mayor Arcinue thanked the DOH for funding the project, which he said be of great help to the people of the town in their health needs.
 “Thank you for the project and for bringing it here in Sual,” said Arcinue.
 The village officials headed by Juanito Tomagoy Jr. also expressed their thanks to the DOH and Mayor Arcinue for selecting their village as the home of the hospital.
 Municipal Councilors Gudz Taboy, Chair, Committee on Health, Alex Osana and Ray Edrosalan were also present during the said event.
 Barangay Health Workers (BHWs) from the 19 villages also witnessed the historic groundbreaking activity.

July 1, 2016 at 7:06 pm Leave a comment


Welcome to Northern Watch Online.You are visitor no.

  • 904,711 since Feb. 10, 2009

Events Watch

sugod agri-expo Photobucket

Last Week’s Cartoon

Photobucket

Previous issues

Day Watch

July 2016
S M T W T F S
« Jun   Aug »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
Regional blogs & blog posts
Regional blogs
Media blogs
Opinion blogs
Community blogs

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,428 other followers