For being 18, SK winner in Agno faces petition

November 30, 2010 at 10:09 am Leave a comment


By Yolanda Sotelo

DAGUPAN CITY – For reportedly turning 18 on the election day, a Sangguniang Kabataan winner in Agno during last SK elections faces a petition for quo warranto (right to hold office) after her age was questioned by her opponent for the position.

Records of the Commission on Elections provincial office showed that Jace Fabregas, who won as SK chair of barangay Bangan-Oda, Agno, faces the petition for quo warranto filed by Maria Fe N. Raquel at the municipal trial court of that town.

Provincial Election Supervisor Reddy Balarbar said Fabregas only included only his baptismal certificate, and not his birth certificate, with his certificate of candidacy. He did not say what date was written on the baptismal certificate.

Raquel petitioned the court to disqualify Fabregas, submitting his birth certificate that showed he turned 18 on October 25 or on the election day. This means he was disqualified to hold the SK chairmanship position which is for 15-17 years old, Balarbar said.

The complaint is one of the 25 cases, six of which involved SK chairmanship, 16 barangay chairmanship and three kagawad (council membership), filed with the different municipal courts in the province, the record showed.

The cases are mostly for recounting of ballots , but there are also petitions for correction of manifest error, and annulment of proclamation, revision of ballots, recounting and reappreciation of misappreciated votes.

Some of the involved candidates who won only by one vote over their opponent, such as Cezar Bince in San Pedro West, Rosales, who won over Crisanto Coloma Jr.

Two cases were filed in the towns of Rosales, Bayambang, Urdaneta City, San Manuel, Umingan and Malasiqui; and one each in Agno, Infanta, Burgos, Lingayen, Mangatarem, San Fabian, San Jacinto, Binalonan, Pozorrubio, San Quintin, Tayug and Dagupan City.

Balarbar said the number of election protests have more than doubled during the 2010 polls as compared to the 2007 barangay and SK elections when only ten protests were filed.

The Comelec also encountered more problems now, especially with the non-delivery or late delivery of ballots prior to the elections.

For instance, in Dagupan City, more than 40,000 ballots did not arrive, and until now the Comelec is still tracing where the ballots are, he said.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: News.

Bababa ang accomplishment ng NIA Police say no jueteng still in Pangasinan

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Welcome to Northern Watch Online.You are visitor no.

  • 915,583 since Feb. 10, 2009

Events Watch

sugod agri-expo Photobucket

Last Week’s Cartoon

Photobucket

Previous issues

Day Watch

November 2010
S M T W T F S
« Oct   Dec »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  
Regional blogs & blog posts
Regional blogs
Media blogs
Opinion blogs
Community blogs

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,430 other followers


%d bloggers like this: