Quips from national candidates

February 14, 2010 at 8:54 pm Leave a comment


By Marcelo C. Ortigoza

A few days after the start of the official campaign date for the national candidates, aspirants for the presidential and senatorial posts harp different lines to attract the votes of the more than 1.6 million Pangasinan voters.

Partido ng Masang Pilipino (PMP) senatorial bet Juan Ponce Enrile accused spouses Manny and Cynthia Villar as the major proponents that made possible the construction of the anomalous P6.96 billion government funded C-5 Extension Project and the Las Pinas-Paranaque Link Project so it could pass the 50-52 hectares of the almost underdeveloped Villar real estates in Las Pinas City.

Enrile also added that it is impossible for the Arroyo administration to manipulate the election in May and stay in power beyond June 30, 2010 because of the vigilance of the Filipinos.

“Because it is not easy to do that now unlike when I was the defense secretary (under the Marcos dictatorship) where the military and police were under my command. Now the police and the military are under different departments,” he said.

Former President and PMP presidential bet Joseph Estrada said that he will give advise to Senator Panfilo Lacson in case his estranged former police chief seeks it. Lacson is in a bind after he was sued with a non-bailable double-murder case.

While Lakas-Kampi CMD senatorial bet Bebot Bello said that it was not a kiss of death for him running under the administration party because the electorate are already mature and discerning to select the most qualified candidate.

He stressed that the “kiss of death” specter is floated by those senatorial candidates who run now in the other parties.

“They are those people who went to President (Gloria) Arroyo and asked for her blessing but failed to get them,” he said.

He added it is an advantage that his party has only six senatorial contenders. He explained that it suits them well because they have to divide among themselves their party’s campaign funds unlike the other senatorial candidates who have to contend themselves with the limited funds their parties give them.

The former Arroyo government’s cabinet secretary also doubts President Arroyo could be incarcerated because of the non-bailable case of plunder waiting for her after she steps down from power in June 30, 2010.

“That is if the complainants’ evidence is strong and they have sufficient evidence against her. It’s a matter of evidence,” he explained.

He said that the rounds of accusations against her are all rehashed.

All these pronouncements were heard when they met the national and local media in different forums in Dagupan City and her neighboring town Calasiao.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: News.

Fertilizer subsidy awarded to farmers Q and A: JDV on national reconciliation and other issues

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Welcome to Northern Watch Online.You are visitor no.

  • 933,165 since Feb. 10, 2009

Events Watch

sugod agri-expo Photobucket

Last Week’s Cartoon

Photobucket

Previous issues

Day Watch

February 2010
S M T W T F S
« Jan   Mar »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28  
Regional blogs & blog posts
Regional blogs
Media blogs
Opinion blogs
Community blogs

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,442 other followers


%d bloggers like this: