San Carlos mayor decries delay of pa’s case

September 21, 2009 at 2:12 am Leave a comment


By Mortz C. Ortigoza

SAN CARLOS CITY – Mayor Julier Resuello of this city accused the suspects in the killing of his late father Julian as resorting to tactical delaying of the case.

Acting Prosecutor Paulyn Maurie A. dela Cruz Aquino issued a resolution dated July 27, 2009 that there was probable cause against respondents for the double murder and multiple frustrated murder cases filed by Resuello.

Mayor Resuello’s father Julian was killed on April 28, 2007 at the city auditorium during the fiesta queen cororation.

But the respondents issued a motion for reconsideration with prayer of inhibition.

“It’s a matter of delaying the case. Delaying tactics na naman po ito!” said by the mayor upon learning that the lawyer of principal suspect Loida Mendoza filed the motion last September 2.

It will be recalled that Mendoza and another accused had also filed a Motion for Judicial Determination of Probable Cause last August 24.

Dagupan City Assistant Prosecutor Gonzalo Marata now handles the criminal complaint.
Resuello hoped Marata expedite the case since he has a duty and oath.

“Kailangan ang hutisya ay kanilang ibigay sa nararapat,” he said.

He wondered why Prosecutors like Aquino inhibit themselves in the name of delicadeza.

He wondered why they should prevent themselves from handling the case when they are just doing their jobs.

The mayor also protested why the city prosecutor here did not furnish him immediately the resolution against the suspects.

He said the resolution was signed by Aquino on July 27 but he only got, through his own efforts, his copy as complainant on September 2.

What surprised him was after he got his resolution, Mendoza had already filed two motions on August 24 and September 2.

The double murder and multiple murders cases became sensational because they involved the killing of the former mayor and the father of incumbent Mayor Resuello before the May 2007 national and local polls. One of the principal suspects was also the former mayor of this city Douglas Soriano.

The case was filed at the office of Reynan A. Lacasandile of the Regional State Prosecution based in San Fernando City , La Union. He dismissed the complaint for lack of merits.

The mayor filed a Motion for Reconsideration, and the finding of Lacandile was reversed by Aquino.

But before she can submit her resolution to the RTC to decide whether to issue an arrest warrant against Soriano and others, respondent Mendoza filed a Motion for Reconsideration with Prayer for Inhibition against Aquino.

Entry filed under: News.

‘One Blood. One Barangay. One Pangasinan’ held Good news for national and local candidates

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Welcome to Northern Watch Online.You are visitor no.

  • 975,740 since Feb. 10, 2009

Events Watch

sugod agri-expo Photobucket

Last Week’s Cartoon

Photobucket

Previous issues

Day Watch

September 2009
S M T W T F S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  
Regional blogs & blog posts
Regional blogs
Media blogs
Opinion blogs
Community blogs

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,470 other followers


%d bloggers like this: